McGill International Cellphilm Festival
We are no longer accepting submissions for the 2020 Spring festival!
What does distancing look like for you? Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, distancing has become a necessary practice and a great many of us rely on our cellphones to stay connected now– more than ever. This is an opportunity to use your cellphone (or other devices) creatively.
Are you curious about how to make a film with your phone? Want to meet other people making films about their lives and communities? Want to see examples of winning cellfilms that have engaged in online festivals?
Cellphilms are short videos [cellphone+video] created by individuals and groups engaging with critical issues through their phones.. The IHDW invites you to participate in a special Cellphilm Festival during these unusual times on the theme “Well-being in The Time of Distancing.”
Theme: What are you experiencing in the time of distancing?
1. Upload your 30 to 90 second cellphilms onto Youtube.com (don’t forget to make it Public)
2. Download the PDF submission form below and fill the boxes:
- The title of your cellphilm and its country of origin;
- The names of all the cellphilm’s co-producers;
- Youtube link to your cellphilm;
- A short description of how you or your group went about creating the cellphilm and the film’s connection to this call’s theme.
3. Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All submissions must be filmed using a mobile device, although other technologies can be used for editing if required. We also welcome entries that follow a ‘one-shot’ or ‘no editing required’ process. All ages and any genre or form are welcome!